Re: [CQ-Contest] CWSS and daylight savings time

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CWSS and daylight savings time
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:38:30 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/2007 7:03:03 P.M. Central Standard Time, Aldewey
writes:

The way I understand it, we will start at the same time (3 PM in the
midwest) but then ending time will be one hour earlier on the wall clock  (i.e
8 PM
in the midwest).

After talking to KI9A off line, I realize I had things backward.  For  some
unknown reason, I was thinking that DST was starting rather than  ending.
Since we are still in DST at the start of SS, it will indeed start  one hour
later
(i.e 4PM in the midwest) and end at the normal time (i.e 9  PM).

I still have concerns whether all logging SW will handle this  seamlessly.

Any reassuring words from guys like N1MM, K8CC, N6TR, K1EA, etc?

73,

Al, K0AD