Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:05:26 -0700
Hi Steve

Where would you recommend?  7090 up in the DX SSB portion of the band?  That
would work good if you could get all the countries that CAN'T work RTTY up
there to change their rules and regulaltions so that participants COULD work
up there.  As it has been said over and over again, most of the other
countries besides the U.S. cannot work RTTY up higher in the band.

So, if the contest sponsers say you can't operate RTTY below 7070 (or 7060
or 7050), that eliminates about half of the RTTY op's in the world.  We have
to remember that we share the bands with a lot of other countries that don't
have the same rules as we do.  73
Tom W7WHY