Re: [CQ-Contest] Check numbers again

To: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>,Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>,Untitled <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Check numbers again
From: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:26:57 -0800 (PST)
--- Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

> There is a fairly good sized group that lives off
> databases.  I have
> operated from Montana and Colorado using W0MU and MT
> and CO do not sound
> anything alike on either mode yet looking at the UBN
> reports show that many
> are not really copying.
>
> The ARRL does not care what two numbers you use.
> Just use the same one
> throughout the contest.  It is just a piece of data
> to be exchanged.  I
> could be the year you graduated from HS.  If they
> wanted to change the rules
> to your favorite color great.

I guess I still don't understand, then.  Why put in
the rules that it has to be the last 2 digits of the
year first licensed, if it doesn't have to be.  Are
the rules to be upheld or not?

If that one doesn't have to be followed, can we pick
and choose which other rules we wish to follow?

If they truely don't care, then why not change the
rules to be consistent with their expectations. They
could say that the check is any 2 digits you want, or
something like that.

73s John AA5JG