Re: [CQ-Contest] A Contester's Dilemma,or when is it necessary to take t

To: "'CQ-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A Contester's Dilemma,or when is it necessary to take the fall for someone else?
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:39:57 -0600
Why would you do that? You would reduce your score when you did not make an
error.

If you know the other guy worked you (there is no possibility he worked
someone else that you may not have heard) and he busted your callsign - that
is his problem - no?

He's going to get a -B (-B = Bad callsign with points removed) and you would
get an N (N = not in the other guy's log, no points removed) on your
respective UBN reports. Note that an "N" *without a minus sign* indicates
that you got it right and you get full credit for the QSO, but your callsign
is busted in the other guy's log. This is his problem - not yours.

If you have his information correctly recorded, why would you not leave the
QSO in your log? Why shoot yourself in the foot?

73,

Bob W5OV