Re: [CQ-Contest] Where did it all start?

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where did it all start?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:49:45 +0000
It started right here... its been written up somewhere on this reflector
recently and I don't have time to search it out right now.  But it was arrl
dx 1985 or 86 I believe when the yccc first tried it with unproto packet
broadcasts digipeated from k2tr though my station and 2 or 3 more ending up
in NH.  Kind of crude but interesting.  Then AK1A created the program that
became the PacketCluster, and I wrote the first spot sucker, and the rest is
history.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net