Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer

To: Kevin Stockton <n5dx2005@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:48:56 -0800
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:39:57AM -0800, Kevin Stockton wrote:

> But, I am extremely concerned about the use of this program, and others
> similar in function, in major contests.  The implications from the thread
> regarding the use of chat rooms in CQ 160 appear to be... The rules do
> not prohibit it, so that means it is legal.

I think the exact opposite conclusion was reached concerning the ON4KST chat
service - the rule do prohibit using it, and those that use it are cheating.

At least two operators who have been caught using it in the most recent
CQ WW 160 CW contest have announced on this reflector that they would
enter the contest as checklogs only as a result of the discussion.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com