Re: [CQ-Contest] IC756PRO II RTTY Contesting Question

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>, CQcontest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IC756PRO II RTTY Contesting Question
From: "Gordon LaPoint" <n1mgo@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:10:58 -0500
Lee,
        I don't know what was happening with your TX, I use FSK only for RTTY,
but
do use audio for psk31 and mfsk16, and other "sound-card" modes and have not
seen the TX problem, the power always has come up to the requested level.  The
reason for using USB-D, or LSB-D is to bypass the input audio conditioning, and
disconnect the mic, so Compression should not be causing a problem, its turned
off by the -D mode.  I suggest FSK mode for rtty, it allows the best RX filter
choices, with the special TPF RTTY mode being the best for contest work.
Plus, it allows full TX with no problems with splatter or overdrive.
See Don - AA5AU's sites for info on the PRO series and RTTY suggestions.
http://www.rttycontesting.com/
http://www.aa5au.com/rtty.html
For a detailed look at the 756PRO3 and RTTY contesting see:
http://www.rttycontesting.com/icom756proiii/icom_ic756proiii_index.htm

Gordon - N1MGO