Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL cards

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL cards
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:55:29 -0500
Shelby, as a manager, I can see why you're only interested in one side of
the card.

But not all of our cards (direct or buro) go to managers.  And there are
those of us who appreciate a nice looking QSL card -- me for one.

I've been tinkering with multiple card formats since I started doing my own
printing in MS Publisher (mail merge is a wonderful thing!).  I've done a
few where I had the cardstock pre-printed on one side, and then just
customized the back with the neccesary QSO information.  That way, all of
the bases are covered.

Some pictures just need to be full (card) sized.  Especially certain, shall
we say, cards pertaining to the local sights!  (I miss cards like, well,
N2OO's cards from SV5 from a decade or so back!)

Seriously, too, keep in mind that once the print job is set up, printing
more cards doesn't cost that much more.  So doing print runs (one with, say,
a picture on one side & QSL information on the other; the other with just
the QSL information) may not be cost effective compared to the savings of
doing one bulk print in one format (ie double sided)

73