Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER

To: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>, PAUL PIERCEY <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>, Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:46:12 -0700
So.. when I go DX... qrp... with a recently certified wattmeter, I should send
5nn 4.3 or the next time 5nn 4.5  or 5nn 4.9
in order to be accurate? Or ... have we shortened the exchange to the point of
rediculous... although somewhat meaningful,
I took the 100 watt stations... used the information, compared to the a, k, 1k,
kw, and such to learn more about the props,
rather than shorten it to much more... if the idea is the test your typing
skills... and your very own cw skill... then use the puter,
there are many programs that allow you to do such. If you are truely interested
in radiosport... then a more rewarding
approach, may include asking the sponsers to include more information in the
exchange, to challange us... more, rather than
less. In this particular situation, less... in absoluelty and unequivacably NOT
more, in the long range BIG picture view.
  Step back, take a serious and long thoughtful approach at what we are really
actually doing. With all...no.. all of the aspects
in consideration.--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:31:18
+0000> To: p.piercey@nl.rogers.com; b38@hilding.com; cq-contest@contesting.com>
From: k0xp@dandy.net> CC: nccc@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB
CUT NUMBER> > At 08:07 AM 2/17/2008 -0800, PAUL PIERCEY wrote:> >Yeah, I worked
him too but figured it was 1K.> >> >I did get a '2K' from a OM station. I
listened for a while and that's what> he was giving. Honesty in contesting
perhaps :)> >> >Now I need to ask...> >> >If someone sends you 1000, can you
enter KW or should you enter what you > >receive? This begs the question that
if you must enter what you receive, > >then ATT, NN, NNN, K, KW, 1OO, AK, etc
must be the report, n'est ce pas?> > As DX, you are to send your power level...
that can obviously be in any> language or format you choose. One thousand
(spelled out, maybe in Spanish,> French, or Russian, or whatever): 1K: AK:
1000, etc. ad nauseum. It's up to> the receiver to "interpret"
  what was sent as being a power level and record> it as such. If you can't
interpret as sent, it's up to YOU to ask for> clarification.> > Steve, K0XP>