[CQ-Contest] Regarding Check Numbers...

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Regarding Check Numbers...
From: Steve Sacco <nn4x@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:53:16 -0500 (EST)
If we can chose the check number, wouldn't it make sense for everyone, on least
on CW to chose "55"?

In any event, it would be logical for everyone to use the same number.

I'm pretty sure the reason for using the "first licensed" number is to force
the use of *different* numbers, and make the exchange a tiny bit more
challenging.

*sigh*...

Maybe it's me, but contesting seems to be developing into something
indistinguishable from a courtroom full of lawyers trying a case, and the
cleverest lawyer "wins", regardless of the merits of the case.

73,

Steve NN4X