Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL rule...the introduction (aka CONTEXT)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL rule...the introduction (aka CONTEXT)
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:24:22 -0500
I guess maybe I've missed something here.  Let's assume that W4ZR works
someone in CQWWCW that I need for DXCC.  They publish the log, and I write
to the QSL manager and claim that it was me, not that W4 guy.  I get a QSL,
and then W4ZR writes to the same manager and asks for a QSL.  I am SO busted...

Wouldn't the risk of this happening be enough to deter most sane people?

I got into a real debate with Wayne not long before he left the League
about pre-emptive QSLing - relying on my log to QSL everyone I thought I'd
worked, without waiting for a card from them.  Eventually, he allowed as
how what was OK for an N4 would not be for a DXpedition to Kosovo.  Yet
increasingly, DXpeditions and individual travelers are uploading their
entire logs to LOTW.  Frankly, I think Wayne was way out on the far end of
the bell-shaped curve in his approach to the sanctity of DXCC as well as,
for that matter, the security of LOTW.

73, Pete N4ZR