Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating with Technology

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating with Technology
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:50:55 -0400
The "assisted" category always referred to operators receiving information
indirectly from other operators via the packet cluster or similar networks.

There are many forms of "assistance" to an operator that do not neccesarily
place said operation into the "assisted" category.  There is a difference,
which sometimes gets overlooked, especially by those with either an ax to
grind, or mischief to stir up.

Or to put it another way, I really wish someone would find a better name for
the category before someone else starts mucking up the use of the terms
again!