Re: [CQ-Contest] Hunting in Africa

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Hunting in Africa
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:34:22 -0500
Paul,

Well this is flame baiting if I've ever seen it! You know there will be
strong reaction to the simple idea of killing a lion, whether you are in
Africa or sitting in your easy chair at home. That aspect has nothing to do
with Amateur Radio.

Let's put a remote controlled camera into your story instead. For example:
"You aim carefully, stop breathing and, in between heartbeats, fire the
shutter. Bang, the lion is startled by the noise - only 250 ms later and
turns to retreat in safety. The great white photographer strikes again and
his breathtaking photograph is delivered across two continents instantly!"

That certainly tones down the emotion, doesn't it. I'm not saying "for hire"
hunts are not reality. I'm saying it holds no relevance to the discussion of
Remote Controlled stations. Nice try, though.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN