Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW
From: aldewey@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:23:47 -0400
This is something we looked at long and hard for the Minnesota QSO Party.?
Every year there are cries to remove
the 2 pt vs 1 pt rule for CW and SSB.? We are not convinced that this would
make much difference in the amount of SSB activity.? I think the reasons are
what have already been stated by?other here.? It is just easier to make
contacts on CW from a mobile with? compromised antennas.

We ARE interested in increasing SSB activity in our event especially because we
feel it will be more attractive to new contesters.? What we did do last year is
introduce a Phone Only plaque which seems to have helped somewhat in increasing
SSB activity.

As for me, I do both with my mobile partner, N0PI.? I operate CW from the back
seat and Dan drives and operates SSB from the front seat.? We actually have an
Unlimited category in MNQP which allows this.? I think when the bands improve,
especially the high bands, we will see more SSB activity in QSO parties.

73,

Al, K0AD
Minnesota QSO Party