Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW (further rules deal)

To: Dan Kovatch <w8car@buckeye-express.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties and CW (further rules deal)
From: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:40:44 -0700 (PDT)
One thing that I don't like about the rules for many
of the state QSO parties is that they lump CW and the
digital modes together, in that you can work someone
on CW or RTTY, but not both.  CW and RTTY are
different modes.  Why not lump RTTY and SSB together
as one mode instead, especially since most people
doing RTTY have the mode switch set to LSB on their
rigs.  I guess they put CW and RTTY together since
they are closer in frequency on the band.

73s John AA5JG