[CQ-Contest] Dayton 2008

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton 2008
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:17:26 -0500
Wow! As Gary, K1EB(sk) so eloquently summed up the Hamvention from the
bleachers in Hara Arena back in 1983 or so, "what a fest!"

The cover of the Hamvention program this year says:

    "Amateur Radio + People = Fellowship."

In my conversations with many long-time friends there this year, this
"fellowship" aspect of the Hamvention seems to be taking on a much more
somber significance than in the past.

It is an opportunity to see people we have known on the air for years - but
perhaps not ever met in person. As we all know too well, the opportunities
to do this may be cut off so unexpectedly.

K3LR's seemingly unending work with the Crowne Plaza Hotel to provide a
comfortable environment to get together in the evenings makes it a pleasure
to congregate and socialize. Thanks Tim!

To those of you who attended this year, it was indeed great to see you
there, and for those who did not, please consider attending next year.

73,

Bob Naumann - W5OV
Sachse, TX