Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW

To: "'Stan Stockton'" <k5go@cox.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:11:28 -0000
 We can create hypothetical situations all day and try to define what the
ruling would or would not be.  The contest sponsors can only work within the
boundaries of the published rules and the evidence they have as to what
happened during the contest period.

With the coming of software defined radios that can copy AND record an
entire band for the whole contest, we begin to have some serious tools for
analyzing what actually happened.

For now, I suggest everyone get on the air, enjoy the contest, and then
submit your log.  Contests exist to provide a competitive challenge and fun.
Better to enjoy the actual experience than to worry about hypotheticals.

Randy, K5ZD