Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!
From: "Oleg Skydan" <sov1178@rambler.ru>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:55:22 +0300
Hi, All!

>I have also found that under very weak signal situations (my sig, of
>course), slowing down to 26 wpm seemed to help.
I can confirm it. I also did it often during this WPX.

>It also ocurred to me that when a station is fishing for the number (he
>sends 189?  You send 188.  he sends 187?  You send 188. etc....), maybe
>sending that single digit a couple of times might work.
If it is the last digit it usually works (just send him 188 8 8 8 8 188 :)
but
it should be used only if you are absoltely confident he will not log your
NR as 1888 :-)

As for the cut numbers. IMO, T=0 and N=9 should be used very carefully, but
O=0 works very well even in very bad conditions (somtimes even better than
full
digit).

All the best!
Oleg
73 de UR3IQO
P.S. Thanks for all who answered or called me :)