Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!

To: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX SN...has to be a better way!
From: bob@reconstructinghistory.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 06:12:11 -0500 (EST)
On May 26 19:21, "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org> wrote:

> This weekend, in my part-time effort, I was asked for repeats a lot...a
> whole lot...more than I can ever recall.  If there was a contest in which I
> did NOT feel loud, it was this one.

I *never* feel loud, so for me AGN is a way of life. ;-)  100w and wires will
do that to a fella.

> If I didn't hear him in about a half-second or a second, I hit it again and
> kept on until he interrupted me.
[snip]
> Of course, I don't envision doing a whole contest at 26wpm.  But, if anyone
> wants to try that in order to validate my observations, have at it.

Here's some validation from PA.  I found a quick QRS to make a big difference
in solid copy.  You're right; I'm not gonna slow down unless it's needed, but
if it's needed I certainly will.

Cheers,

Bob NQ3X

--
No cute furry animals were harmed in preparing and sending this email.
Countless electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced.