Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmers etc

To: btippett@alum.mit.edu, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmers etc
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:20:13 EDT
I don't think Skimmers will attract any new contesters.

Contesting will remain a test of running.  Skimmers will just make it  easier
for experienced contesters to do even more running, while waiting for the
Skimmer to find the occasional multiplier requiring a second radio or second
VFO
 qsy.  So the big guns will be even more monopolizing of their run
frequencies, making it harder for a newcomer or less well equipped veteran to
find a
place to run.

Skimmers may attract a few people who are technology fans who want to  test
the technology, but I doubt they will stick around in  contesting for the long
run.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 6/3/2008 3:32:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,