Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmers etc

To: "'John Bastin'" <bastinj@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmers etc
From: "Martin Luther" <vk7gn@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:59:16 +1000
John, I though like that prior to Internet spotting. There is no fun in
being spotted in Europe when your signal into Europe is not good enough
to control the mob. The skimmer will make that worse. Pop up on the band
as a new mult and suddenly all the world is calling.
It is not fun and a new contester will be completely out of their depth
and turn off!

Martin VK7GN

Speaking for myself, I disagree. The people who are there for the love
of it could care less what technology the other contesters are using.

73,

John Bastin K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com