Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer Question- Have you used it?

To: "'Cq-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer Question- Have you used it?
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:17:23 -0400
Well, the 40 meter SDR is finished, and it works hihi. I just put skimmer on
it with a really horrible antenna, and guess what, it works fine. I just
copied the W1AW slow speed CW practice session, and it was perfect in its
decoding. Not that that means anything, but now I have a 40 meter RX and
skimmer and will be playing with it.
A $10.00 investment in the kit and a few hours of kit building (yeh, I miss
that) and I have a new TOY!
Isn't that what this hobby is all about - having FUN and more TOYS?
Now it's a trip to Radio Shack for an enclosure, so-239 antenna connector,
stereo jack and power jack and it will be all done. This thing is really
small.
I even made a remote contact with it yesterday, transmitting remotely and
receiving at home. (Using ROCKY Software, I don't need skimmer to copy CW,
heck I beat out Skimmer at Dayton in the DX pile-Up) TX was 180 miles away,
RX with new SDR in home office. hihi
73 de
Paul K2DB
If I ain't having fun - I ain't gonna do it!