Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:06:06 +0000
> > If the remote spotting of their pile-ups was perceived to provide a
> > real competitive advantage, why haven't the bigger M/M stations made
> > cooperative arrangements to create private spotting networks with
> > their non-competing peers on the other sides of the oceans (I'll spot
> > your pile-up, you spot mine)?
>
> Actually this is one of the reasons K1TTT et al do all that spot analysis
> after every contest.  It *is* understood to be advantageous, it is
> accepted
> by most to be in bad form, it can be detected and exposed easily, and as a
> reault nobody engages in it out of peer pressure because they know it
> makes
> them look like idiots.

This is not the same as the analysis I do... the spotting being discussed
here is someone spotting stations calling you in your pileup, not spotting
you so others can find you.  This would not make sense to anyone on the
spotting network so would be done in a private connection.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net