Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: stan@aqity.org
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:12:41 -0400
At 02:42 PM 6/20/2008, Stan Stockton wrote:

>  I think that might help the ole score on 160M and 80M with that
> setup in Europe.

Perhaps. Although I am skeptical that knowing which inaudible
stations are calling me would be quite so beneficial.

Even if I'm being fed callsigns (assumed to be correct), once I get a
callsign, I'm on my own. I'd be reduced to guessing at the exchange
and the acknowledgement as well as missing any requests for repeats
if I can't hear them. Not my idea of what constitutes a valid
contact. If log checking then dings me for blown exchanges, then the
ole score could be headed in the wrong direction.

I presume that if one is going to play by the rules then one is going
to play by all the rules. In the case of ARRL contests that presently
means: "All callsigns and exchange information must be sent,
received, acknowledged and logged correctly by each station for a
complete QSO." I don't see what would change about that if I had
another station spotting my pile-up.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK