Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: "'Paul J. Piercey'" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>, "'Michael Keane K1MK'" <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>, "'Mark Beckwith'" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "Sandy Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:19:08 -0500
Hi Paul,

Your assumption of my (and perhaps others') interests in deeming Skimmer
assistance is just a touch off the mark.

I am not worried about something that makes what we do more efficient.
Efficiency is a good thing.

My only point with Skimmer is that the effective result of using Skimmer is
identical to using packet: without any input from you, spots appear on your
bandmap, just as they do with packet.

THAT'S why I would argue it should be considered assistance, just like it's
fraternal twin, packet. That one is local and that one involves others is
not relevant, in my view.

I have no problem with technology that makes the act of being SO Unassisted
(finding your own stations to work, working them yourself).

73, Kelly
Ve4xt