Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "Edward" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:49:12 -0400
Does anyone want to argue that using a "Code Reader" is NOT assistance.
I can think of no greater poster child for DEFINING Assistance than a
code reader.

Lets just put an end to the endless debate by saying the following:

Use of a code reader, of any kind including to populate bandmaps, puts
you in "Assisted Category".

"What do I have against the hearing impaired"?  Nothing.  They can
happily contest and compete against hearing impaired and non-hearing
impaired people in the assisted category.  Last I looked, a number of
people prefer and compete mightily in the assisted category for various
reasons.  There is no discrimination by placing those that need a code
reader for any reason in the assisted category.

Simple as that.

Some will say "but Writelog comes with a code reader".  So what?  You
shack probably has an internet connection, but that doesn't mean you
have to use it, right?

Ed  N1UR