Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:00:33 -0700
Hans, K0HB, replied:

>NFL contests are a for-pay spectator event.  When an audience of fans pays
>to watch me sit in a chair and punch the <f1> key for 48 hours, then
>re-introduce your argument.

No need to QRX, because the same 'tortured analogy' applies to
NON-COMMERCIAL youth sports like Little League, Soccer, HS Football, etc.
(although it's all BEEEEG Business and lots of parents with BEEEEG Egos
shelling out lots of BEEEEG $$$ at times for stuff).

1. No more video taping by parents (who would end up observing the plays of
children OTHER THAN THEIR OWN at home).
2. No more local TV News High School Sports highlight broadcasts.
Etc., Etc.

This 'Keep The Logs Secret" stuff is so childish.  Really.  Especially in
such a Hi-Tech New Millenium.

Long Live Real Time Scoreboarding (vs. Waterboarding - although live
broadcasts from Gitmo could open up a new Gaming Industry).

73 & GLITCOM...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust