Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest software

To: "Rick Kiessig" <kiessig@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest software
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:08:28 -0000
Rick I'm curious exactly what you expect a contest logging program to do? My
particular frame of reference is from an 'ole-fart' point of reference. I
was contesting long before the advent of computers so I learned to log
contests by hand. All I ask from contest logging software is to
automatically insert the date/time and hopefully frequency. I will input the
callsign and exchange. The only 'bell/whistle' I need/demand is CW sending.
When the contest is over I want the software to printout the necessary forms
to submit to the contest sponsor. Almost all modern contest logging software
does those things, some do it better/worse than others.
What exactly is it you expect from contest logging software? Perhaps if this
huge data-base of contesters had an idea of your requirements someone could
point you in the right direction.
Again just my -2cents worth
73

MAL