Re: [CQ-Contest] European sigs to W9

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] European sigs to W9
From: Alan Leith <aleith@syd.eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:52:47 -0300
Almost every one of the stations you mentioned are big guns with lots of
power and great antenna systems.  They are, in no way, indicative of band
conditions.  The little pistols, like you and me, are still down in the mud
and washed away by QSB.

The only good thing is that signals other than the big guns' might come up
out of the noise long enough to scrape out a QSO.

Mind you, out here on the east coast, signals from Europe were fairly
reasonable for several hours.  However, to me, several hours does not a
contest make.

73

Al, VE1AL