Re: [CQ-Contest] High mail volumes

To: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] High mail volumes
From: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:45:34 -0500
Hi Jim

The mail is automatically threaded for me based on the subject - makes
ignoring certain topics a breeze.  Personally, I find when a
conversation continues for an extended series of postings, old stuff
starts getting thrown in the mix and the quality and interest level of
the postings goes down hill from there.  Thats just me, and others may
feel differently on the subject.  On the other hand, some threads
continue for an extended period, and continue to offer interesting
information.

Anyway - just thought I would throw that out there to give it a try as
a possible solution.  Works well for me :-)

When folks drop off the mailing lists, I figure we all loose - the
insight of the person who left, and any solutions he/she might
contribute down the road, and they loose the benefit of any postings
while they are gone.

Tom - VE3CX