Re: [CQ-Contest] High mail volumes

To: "Dennis Younker" <NE6I@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] High mail volumes
From: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:56:18 -0700
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Dennis Younker <NE6I@cox.net> wrote:

> Another way to filter your mail is to create a folder and rule to move
> CQ-Contest emails to the new folder.  This works beautifully in Outlook and
> Outlook Express, and no doubt Thunderbird.  I can't speak to the various web
> mail clients (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc).  They may have something similar.
> I use this technique to keep all of the wonderful Contest reflector posts in
> one folder for easy reviewing and out of my normal Inbox. I do this as well
> for the other reflectors I subscribe to.  Works very well for me.

Works great in Eudora, Thunderbird and gmail.  Filtering in Yahoo!
isn't as good, but still usable. The ability to thread conversations
(keeping a common subject thread together) makes it easier to delete
the stuff you don't care about, especially in gmail. I would be lost
if my mail wasn't pre-sorted.

73 - Jim AD1C (former Yahoo! user, current gmail convert)

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us