[CQ-Contest] Signal Report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Signal Report
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:52:47 +0000 (GMT)
Of course, your son is correct.  It serves no purpose (any longer) other to
tell the other
guy, "get ready, here comes the part you actually have to copy."

In theory, the same is true for CQWW, except you don't have to send anything
since:
A.  everybody is 599
B.  you already know what zone everybody is in (99.9% of the time)
C.  if B isn't correct, then AD1C will take care of that  :-)

Personally, I like some of the exchanges from the 3830 DASH (of decades ago)...

These varied per "contest" and included:
*what you had for dinner (I sent SOUP once, which a lot of folks still remember)
*name of your pet (I remember Bonzo from K1KI)
*total # of element used during the last contest (by the time I added them all
up, the
DASH only had 1 minute left)
*etc

Not only did you have to COPY the information, but it was FUN

de Doug KR2Q