Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 23:55:13 -0700
Someone wrote:

> I think you answered your own question, Art.  Think of it as playing poker
> with all your cards face up on the table.  You be the judge whether that
> would change anything.

I think this is a poor analogy. The analogy only works if you are
allowed to see all the cards, but ONLY AFTER all the hands have been
played (i.e. after the contest is over).  Unless a station monitors me
the entire 48 hours, they have no real idea what cards I might be
holding.

I personally don't think there are any big secrets in contesting. And
I'd be willing to bet that if you asked most of the perennial winners,
they'd be only too happy to tell you how they did it.  In fact, K1AR
did just that in one of his CQ Magazine contesting columns a few years
back.

Operate from a desirable location, be loud, stay in the chair, run
when the bands allow, S&P when they don't.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
"Let Not Mankind Bogart Love" - Willie Nelson