[CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM
From: "Bokverket" <info@bokverket.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 23:34:04 +0100
Simlar experience:

I was driving towards SK0UX / SK0X around 4 am. Our local time is GMT+1, and
it's not that fun to start at 1 a.m. so I used to take a "rest at the start"
and maybe fire up at 5 a.m.  The freeway there is from the city center
passing through wealthy suburbs before becoming "in the middle of nowhere"
where the QTH is located. I ran into the biggest DUI and general check I
ever saw. Lots of police cars, big arrangement, they actually blocked the
freeway and detoured all traffic to have a chance to look cars over.

The cops must have been very surprised with all my radio gear in the car (we
don't keep rigs at the station), sleeping-bag, food etc, but they did not
comment.   I _had_ had a good beer a few hours earlier, and Swedish DUI laws
are _very_ strict, but it didn't show.

But re Mark's and Doug's analysis of who gets pulled over, at least they
pulled almost everyone over! And the contest went well....

73,

Goran/SM0DRD