Re: [CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM

To: CQ-Contest com <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Driving at 4AM
From: John Brosnahan -- W0UN <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 04:37:02 -0600
 >> So there is a belief by a few that it is imperative to wait until the
 >> last minute before the deadline before revealing your score in order
 >> to eliminate the opportunity for SOMEONE ELSE to cheat. So it is a
 >> measure of SECURITY to not reveal your score on 3830, or to send in
 >> your log early lest the reviewers accidently let your numbers be
 >> known to the competition.

After posting the (excerpt) above I received a note (below) by private email
confirming that this is a serious consideration in Europe -- sent to me
by a European operator who wishes to remain anonymous.  With his
permission I excerpted the following sections of his note because I think
it is important to see that there is a win-at-all-costs attitude among SOME
operators and it appears be more common in Europe than in the US -- based
on his (entire) note and my own experiences.

--John  W0UN