Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>, 'Tom Osborne' <w7why@verizon.net>, 'CQ-Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:01:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Not necessarily true. All users behind a single NAT will have the same IP
address as far as the external network is concerned. The NAT network could
actually be very big (ours at work is US-wide connected through a large VPN).
So it is entirely possible that these are spots by different people in
different locations.

Of course this also applies to participants on different computers in a
multi-multi, who are also probably using a single IP address behind a NAT.

Having pointed this out, I'd say it doesn't look all that good for the spotters.

Jack Brindle, W6FB