Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:06:46 -0600
Mike,

I get the same feeling that integrity is gone.  Let me share an example
from the last WPX test, although minor, shows a disturbing mindset.  A
very well known VE contester was running on 20m well outside the US
band.  A US station called him outside his band and the VE station gave
him an exchange and continued.  I would have told the W station that he
was out of the band and that I can not work you here.  I also doubt it
very much that the VE contester didn't know what frequency he was on.
IMO I get the feeling that many, many rules are broken during any
contest ... it seems now to be a way of life.  As Mike says 'win at any
cost'.

Doug

I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.