Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS

To: cq contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:46:44 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Dick:

An interesting point, but I don't agree:

"If, in the heat of battle and the depths of fatigue you accidentally
make an illegal contact, don't log it."

This triggers a NIL in the log checking and a penalty for the OTHER station.

If, for instance, I call someone on the wrong VFO on 40 (an EU station, say,
listening both on his frequency and in the US band) and we have a QSO, I don't
think that I should cause him an NIL penalty.  When I'm working that way, I
often don't really remember which ear I hear a caller in...

Now we're back to the problem that Cabrillo doesn't support "no credit" or
"zero point" QSO's, but that's a seperate issue.  When I have had this
situation, I put a comment in the header and send an e-mail to the contest
sponsor.  I suspect these are usually ignored...

73,

Mark