Re: [CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22

To: "4O3A Ranko" <yt6a@t-com.me>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Xtreme category, catch 22
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:20:50 -0400
I tend to agree with you, Ranko.  Under the new ARRL rule on Skimmer
use, anyone who wants to have a Skimmer off his transmitting site has
to make it publicly available (presumably by publicizing the IP
address).  That could make it very easy for anyone, Xtreme category
or not, to use a remote receiver.  Say, for example, that DL5?? runs
a Skimmer at his QTH  for his local contest club some kilometers
away.  He publicizes the IP address, and anyone, anywhere in the
world, could use it to copy Europeans calling CQ (on 160 for example)
who are too weak to copy at their own QTHs.

73, Pete N4ZR