Re: [CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:26:16 -0400
Felipe J Hernandez wrote: "if you ask me, "contest like" 1D's ruin the fun."

IMHO, not necessarily? How about the, "fun" that the 1D operators have? Not
everyone, myself included, is inclined to operate "while handling
generators. logging networks, turning antennas manually, the heat creating
all kinds of disconforts  you know where, the bugs bitting, people asking
what are you doing?, people asking to give them a chance to operate, people
stuffing you with more hotdogs your body can handle."? I proposed, several
years ago, to ARRL that 1D stations be required to append 1D to their CQ, to
keep other 1D stations from calling them, with no benefit to either station.
Unless the rules have changed, that suggestion has not been implemented?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW