Re: [CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:49:46 -0500
I disagree. I am sure that there are many field day locations that could be
considered "fun". Field day in my area is not.  I stopped participating in
field day (outdoors/generator) sometime ago. This time of year is entirely
too uncomfortable (maybe dangerous). We are hitting 100+ degrees (not
unusual) every day, and the humidity is high. I realize that disasters don't
wait for nice springtime days, but I suspicion that if the weather here were
spread to the entire country, the participation level of field day would
drop dramatically.

I do like to participate and get on from my home and make number of contacts
to support the guys that have gone to the effort to put on a real field day
station.

Bill W5VX