Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:44:05 +0000
The reason for no self spotting is that the network is connected via the
internet which is a non-amateur means of communications and most contests
have long banned using non-amateur means to arrange contacts during the
contest.  So its similar to not being allowed to call up your friends on the
phone to arrange qso's.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net