Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

To: "'Robert Chudek - K0RC'" <k0rc@citlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale
From: "Sandy Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:54:58 -0500
The no-spotting rule, IIRC, stemmed from the rule, that, since time began
(in contesting, at least), says you cannot use non-amateur means to solicit
QSOs.

Using the Internet to place your own spots would be using non-amateur means
to solicit QSOs.

An operator has NO control over what others might do, and is not initiating
the spot himself, so spotting by others is permitted.

73,kelly
Ve4xt