Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale

To: Sandy Taylor <ve4xt@mts.net>, 'Robert Chudek - K0RC' <k0rc@citlink.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting rationale
From: <w1md@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:36:57 -0400
Well, except at it's inception back in the early 80's the "Packet Spotting
Network" was just that...x.25 Amateur Radio Packet Spotting. We tend to forget
the roots of things...of course I happened to be able to participate first hand
in the some of the first Packet Spotting networks in New England. later it
migrated to a mixed mode with internet taking up more and more of the network
load.

73,

Marty
W1MD