Re: [CQ-Contest] Why the 10 min rule anyway?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why the 10 min rule anyway?
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:10:18 -0400
And this is exactly the problem.

Nit pick and search for loopholes, all for reasons to really run a M/2 or
M/M under the guise of an M/S/

One radio on the air at a time... that is, for a given period of time.
Period.  What's so hard about that?

No second radio running mults on another band, as is permitted in some
contests.

No going quiet for 30 seconds or a minute on one band while you try to work
someone on the other rig on another band.

No using a computer controlled or mechanical device so that only one
transmitter transmits at any given second -- which defeats the concept of
Single Transmitter, as by it's very nature, such action is multiple
transmitters in use at the same time.

Multi operator.  Single Transmitter.

Single.

What is so hard about the concept of ONE?