Re: [CQ-Contest] Why the 10 min rule anyway?

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why the 10 min rule anyway?
From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 19:40:59 -0400
On 8/3/2009 12:29 AM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
> Fine.  I wasn't active at the time, so if the original intent of the CQ WW
> M/S category was to allow a "multiplier hunting" station, so be it -- for
> that contest.

Well, for that contest and for WPX, WAE, AA, RDXC...

Major contests in which one means two are fairly common.

> I'm not looking for a "straw man" to knock down, just trying to understand
> why so many have trouble grasping the notion (especially in other contests
> that permit the category in question) that one is one.

Maybe it's because the contests in which one doesn't mean two (in the
M/S category) are more the exception rather than the norm.  The ones
that spring to mind are ARRL DX and IARU.

73,
Mike K1MK