Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:25:53 -0400
On 8/13/2009 4:32 PM, Dick Green WC1M wrote:
> ...There may be reasons why CQ shouldn't use inspectors or DQ people for 5
> years for failing to cooperate, but contesting not being important enough to
> deserve the scrutiny isn't one of them.
I'd add another point.  Some people are clearly going to great lengths
to cheat and not get caught.  CQ needed to have this thermonuclear
weapon in their arsenal so that they could deal with cases where they
had a pattern of likely cheating but not enough concrete evidence.  The
very interesting analysis by VE5ZX and CT1BOH
<http://www.radiosport.ca/rsrp/CQWW%20log%20analysis.php> suggests one
way in which such questionable entrants could be identified.

73, Pete N4ZR
New Articles Daily - the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com