Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: Mike Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:57:26 -0400
Dick Green WC1M wrote:
> I won't comment on the merits of the rule, but I'd like to point out that
> many participants consider contesting much, much more than a hobby.

If we adopt the semi pro outlook you note for contesting, we might give
serious consideration to just hangin' it up.

Yes, there are stations that have an amazing amount of effort and money
put into them. They are awesome. But what happens if all the little
stations go away?

CQ can't inspect my station, I have philosophical objections to that, so
I'm "pre-disqualified". There might be other stations and Ops who feel
the same way. As Yogi Berra noted, "If the fans don't want to come to
the stadium, you're not going to stop them". 8^)

        - 73 de Mike N3LI -