Re: [CQ-Contest] Is holding QRG's legal?

To: halken@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is holding QRG's legal?
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:25:43 EST
Well, I guess sour grapes is a bit strong..my apologies, Hal.

But, I still fail to see an issue...Multi op is in my interpretation, an
operation at a single QTH, using multiple operators, keeping fresh butts in
the  chair.

I guess I think SO2R is WAY closer to multi-op , than what you are asking.
My reasoning being I have heard many known SO2R guys, especially during SS
with  the long exchanges, CQ in my face ( they were 30 over 9, I know they
heard me),  while I would presume they were completing a QSO on the other
rig.  Hitting  the CQ button on rig 1, just to hold a freq is way closer to
unethical, than  having a pal hold you QRG. Plus, it is a rule violation, but,
unenforceable. It  happened to me at least twice for sure this weekend.

Anyway, sour grapes, that's me engaging fingers before brain.

73- Chuck KI9A

In a message dated 11/23/2009 4:07:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,