Re: [CQ-Contest] Adjusting live and recorded audio

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Adjusting live and recorded audio
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:31:01 -0800
Hi Pete

I had the same problem here with my TS-450SAT.

I use Audacity to record the macros and they were always WAY louder than the
mike plugged into the sound card.

I found that in Audacity, I had to record the macros with the mike input set
on 1, hit 'amplify', then type in a minus number to make the macro's sound
right.  If it said to amplfy by 6 (or something like that) I'd hit -6.

I turned the ALC indicator on on the rig and watched to see that the ALC
just barely moved with the macro's or the mike input.  It is surprising how
little amplification it takes with Audacity to get the macro's to play the
same as the mike input.  73

Tom W7WHY